Monday 23 October 2017

Bake of the Month - Chocolate Cranberry Brownie

I remember fondly my Friday afternoon tea and cake with friends. We'd take it in turns to host, or sometimes visit Kitchen, for a special occasion. Now that the Gentleman Farmer is around during the day, I'm making cakes for him. I thought I'd share some of our favourite recipes.

Chocolate Cranberry Brownie

This is based on a recipe by Phil Vickery, which I found many years ago online. I'm so glad I printed it out, as its nowhere to be seen now.

170g sugar of your choice - I used demerara
160g dark chocolate
40g golden syrup
110g butter
4 eggs
40g plain flour
50g dried cranberries (or dried sour cherries)
Grated zest of an orange
50ml brandy (optional)

Line a 20cm by 15cm tin with Magic Liner

Carefully melt the sugar, chocolate, syrup and butter over a very low heat. Cool slightly, and add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each one. Add the flour, cranberries, orange zest and brandy (if using) and mix well.

Pour into the prepared tin and bake at 180C or gas 4 for 25-30 mins until a knife into the centre comes out clean.



Delicious served warm as a pudding with thick cream, or with a cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment