Monday 25 September 2017

August 2017 in the Garden

Teesdale in August was cool and changeable. We had several days where we could sit out with our coffee, but no properly hot days. Next year, we're going to remember to put the garden furniture out sooner, to enjoy the good weather as it arrives earlier in the year. 

That said, we have plenty of beautiful plants in their full summer glory. 


Dwarf Astilbe.


An interesting allium. I'm still to find the variety. Anybody know?






Some of many hydrangea in the garden. We've never grown these before, but I'm now obsessed with them. I've picked so many of the blooms for vases, and I've heard that they can be dried. Something to look into.  



Crocosmia "Lucifer". I love this; I'm going to split it and plant some to brighten up the entrance to the property. 



Crab apple - we have two different varieties. Last year we made jelly, and I'm planning to try making cheese (a preserve - a firm jam, delicious on a cheese board).


Agapanthus in a pot.


No comments:

Post a Comment